Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Big and Small cities.
Argentina is a big country, with a lot of population. It has nearly 45 Millions of inhabitants, and there are 2 kinds of cities there: Big cities and small ones. I live in a small one, so, when I arrived to Houston, all was new and big to me.  Then, I understand why there is a famous phrase in Texas that says: In Texas all is bigger, especially in places such as Austin, Houston, and San Antonio. Yet, what makes those cities different than the others for us, the foreigner students? In this post, I am going to comment which touristic places I found in those cities.

“Houston, we've had a problem: There are Argentinians in Houston”
                Houston is Very Scary city. When you go there, and travel through the roads, it is a Bit Creepy because there are few persons in the streets. It looks like an abandoned Town yet there it is the NASA. It is very interesting to visit NASA for apart from the researches of the spaces, there is a touristic park inside well developed that gives you the opportunity to know more about that place. In that touristic park, there are museums, rides through the Nasa control`s building and the Astronaut training, and there are many historic places to visit.  A part from that, in Houston there are many Museums.
San Antonio: The place of the Spurs,
The most exciting city that I have visited, it is San Antonio. I did not walk around all San Antonio, but I could visit places such as the Alamo, and specially the Riverwalk.  Those places where very interesting places, but if you like the art and to walk I`ll recommend you the second one, because you could enjoy more the trip. The San Antonio River Walk (also known as Paseo del Río) is a network of walkways along the banks of the San Antonio Riverr, one story beneath the streets of Downtown , San Antonio lined by bars, shops and restaurants, the River Walk is an important part of the city's urban fabric and a tourist attraction in its own right.
Maybe in the night, you will be lucky and it will be a game in the basketball field in San Antonio, and maybe you could see the San Antonio`s  Spurs.
Finally: Austin.
Well, in my other posts I talked a lot from different cultures, but I did not talk very much about the touristic places in Austin. Here, there are a lot of places to visit, but I will chose to describe my 2 favorite places in Austin. First of all it is the Texas State capitol. That capitol is bigger than the Washington, and you can read inside in many parts “the proud Texan republic”. It is a good place to visit because it will help you to know more about the Texans and their history. If you like the history, I´ll recommends you to go to the Historic Museum that is near the capitol.
Finally, my second Favorite place in Austin is the Riverwalk. This is a place to study, to go to walk, to get a ride in bicycle, to go kayaking, and is specially and to go with some friends and drink some mates behind a tree despite of the fact that those who pass look at you such as an estrange.

But despite this fact, keep calm and let the Mate coming…

1 comment:

  1. Interesting perspective on different cities in Texas. Houston is a bit different than Austin and San Antonio because it's much more of a city for business as opposed to touristy attractions. Dallas is similar.

    ReplyDelete