Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Winds of Argentina

I am not going to forget the first day when I came to Austin and I was ashamed because I did not know anything and anybody. It was everything new for me, since the tastes, Austin`s Music, or English. The University of Texas and ESL Classes were very beautiful as same as the dynamics that teachers have in their classes. It was a mix of feelings very stranges and weird, but it looked very funny, yet all the good things in the live have an end point.


In the week before leaving from Austin, all kinds of remembers came to my head. My first remember of the scholarship is not very good. Because, all begun with a holly bad phone interview. In it, I was very nervous because I had to speak with an English native, and I did not speak English or practiced it for 4 years, so I decided to prepare my interview with a teacher in one day. After my class, that teacher gave me a paper and in that paper there was all the answer for possible questions that the interviewer could make me. But, when the Fulbright commission called me, I was in the bathroom. I was so nervous, and I thought that I missed the opportunity of the scholarship, so I decided to call Fulbright institution back and fortunately they received my call and made me the interview, but the paper that my teacher gave me was far away.

After that, I received the next days the news that I won the Fulbright scholarship, and my happiness when I won it was very big. I was so excited for winning the scholarship that I could not believe. Next, I had to go 1 time to Buenos Aires to make me the visa and know my Fulbright`s mates, and then on 16th of January we went to The United States. There, our Texan`s moms Rachelle Bumgardner and Katie Martin were waiting for us to carry on to us to The University Towers, the place where we were spent one of the 40th best days of my life.


But, not all was rosy. I missed a bit my family, friends, girlfriend, and teachers. Despite of the good friends that somenbody can make on trips, they are not the friends that know how you are and know how are you going to react. However, I know that I made at least a friend in every nation. Those people, where very good persons, and If I had to describe all of the people that make me smile at least once, I am not going to finish.


By the other Hand, I have to be greatfull with the University of texas, because it gave me a different perspective of the American Lifestyle. I used to think that  in the United States were people that only believe in maximizing their revenue, that are a bit selfish, and xenophobic like the Donald`s Trumph Ideology. But here I learnt that people are people not matter from which part of the world they are.

To end, there is a common phrase in Argentina that said is better do not have and do not lose it, rather than have and lose it. Yet, I believe that this phrase it is not true, because the things that I learnt from this experience are amazing.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post! It makes your Texan moms very happy to know how much this experience meant to you. We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete